Okay, so I’ve been gone a while but I’m back. I know I’ve said that a lot. Okay, one too many times. Hope you’re still here and at least half reading what I’m still going to be writing for you here. Here are the reasons I disappeared:
- I was writing a book. (Finding the Magic in Mommyhood – with a really long and charming subtitle)
- I was publishing a book (okay, Skyhorse was, but still I was involved in the edits and umm…breakdowns!)
- I was promoting a book in 3 different cities! (still no excuses I know – thank you NYC, Dubai and Beirut though)
- I have 3 kids. (kids are crazy demanding and well, sometimes a runny nose and fever turns out to be more important than a post – well, at least for some of us)
- I was working on my children’s series which is out soon! (can’t wait to show you guys!)
So those are my lame excuses. Are we still friends? Please?
Okay… I’ll take probation and in exchange here’s the checklist.
- Do you have a story you want to tell that someone other than your mom would care about? Her opinion counts but, sadly not in this case.
- Do you have the ethics of a work horse?
- from anywhere and I mean in cabs and restaurants and at the beach and from bed?
- Do you think that you can write at any time?
- Do you think you have a story you want to share that people will care about and that you want to write and and no, not just because but you mostly want to be sitting at a glamorous event doing a few book signings and high fiving Oprah?
If you answered yes then proceed and get in touch so we can high five each other and exchange ideas.
If you answered no then proceed and get in touch so we can cry a little, hug it out and realize that maybe this isn’t the best time for you to write and that your creativity may be expressed in the form of a finger painting or some awkward dance moves.
See you tomorrow (shameless plug: and at Emirates Lit Fest where I will be giving a master class!) and until then, remember that cracks are what let the light through. Promise.