Oh how things have changed. Kind of. I really still love my birthday. Okay, so I obsess about it all year long and really wait for it . It’s passed now and thanks for wishing me happy birthday if you did and no thanks if you didn’t wish me happy birthday! It’s a whole lot of counting down and telling absolute strangers that my birthday is coming soon. I do that before I hand them a slip of paper detailing my address and what types of flowers I like.
Birthdays are a big deal for me mostly because of my childhood. I’m blaming you for this one too mom. I mean, who else? It was always a hyped up thing and a complete countdown and I celebrate for a minimum of a week. Ok, I’m all about the honesty so let’s be truthful here. I celebrate the entire month of June. Yup all 30 days. And anyone who tries to rob me from one of those 30 days is immediately on my shit list. My three year old included.
What matters on your birthday when you’re 3:
1. What you’ll wear – does your skirt twirl?
2. What your cake will be made of
3. How much candy you can comsume before you vomit
4. If your daddy will buy you what you really really really want …a pink pony. You know, the one that poops sparkles.
What matters on your birthday when you’re 30…ummm something
1. What you’ll wear – does your ass look huge or just big enough in your skinny jeans?
2. If you have to have a cake or can skip directly to dessert shots without being judged?
3. How much alcohol you can drink before you vomit
4. If your hubby will buy you what you really really really want which could very possibly be that vintage pink chanel bag
Whatever the age…birthdays are and should be a big deal. It’s the day you were born and entered this world and learned about what matters most in life; love…integrity and perseverance. Oh and getting the things we like. So on that note, send something my way next June. Downtown delivery…and yellow tulips please. Like a lot of them.